NEW - Meeting Victorian prerequisites with interstate or IB studies
You can now use the Interstate and IB Subjects tool on the VTAC website to check which subjects will meet a Victorian prerequisite. This tool can be accessed from the link in the "other tools" section below the search box in CourseSearch on the VTAC website.
To check prerequisites:
- Enter the Victorian subject listed as a prerequisite in the course entry. (Note: For English choose 'any English')
- Select International Baccalaureate from the 'home curriculum' in the drop down menu
- The subjects from the International Baccalaureate which meet the Victorian prerequisite will be displayed, along with the score conversions.
DIRECT LINK: http://delta.vtac.edu.au/CourseSearch/convtool.htm
New National Course Seeker Comparison Tool
The Department of Education and Training in partnership with the Tertiary Admissions Centres across Australia, have developed a new national higher education admission information platform. The information is presented in a nationally consistent and comparable format to improve the transparency across the higher education sector.
The new website Course Seeker contains a national course comparison tool which allows students to search, select and compare higher education courses and filter search results by study area, location, student satisfaction, graduate survey data and ATAR or OP.
Course Seeker helps you make informed decisions about your future study by allowing you to access clear, meaningful and transparent information on ATARs/OPs, prerequisites, entry requirements, enrolment policies and much more.
You can visit the Course Seeker website link here:
Global Wearable Technology Market Growth to 2025
"The early focus in this commercial market has been to develop distributed systems for wearable communications and health monitoring devices, while the military market has also focused on visual displays.... The Wearable Technology Market is segmented into the following types: smart clothing & smart glasses, sleep sensors, smart watches, activity monitors, augmented reality headsets, continuous glucose monitor, heart rate monitors (HRMS), drug delivery devices, hand worn terminals, wearable patches, jewelries and the following applications: fitness & wellness, healthcare & medical, industrial & military, safety & security, and fashion & lifestyle"
Author: Rahul Jadhav, April 12, 2018
Great Resume & Interview Tips
Here are the four most important ones:
- The elevator pitch - a great way to focus your thoughts and create a concise relevant 60 second pitch.
- Active language - using powerful, descriptive words that denote ownership.
- Sell yourself - craft punchy and dynamic statements.
- Skills and achievements - create short powerful sentences to highlight past experiences and achievements
You find some more great tips here: www.interviewskills.com.au
We hope you find our new careers website useful when you are preparing for your future.